Family Karate (760) 746-0983
KIDS BEGINNERS (6-13 years)
Monday through Thursday 4:00 pm
Monday & Wednesday 6:45 pm
Saturday 9:00 am
Shawn is doing so much better at getting along with his sisters, and even setting a good example for them! This is new... Sandra
We so proud of Sebastian's progress, and his attitude outside of class is respectful and kind. - Lisa & James
Josh has continued to improve at school and home. He made Honor Roll again and is one of the top readers in his class. - Brian
I am so proud of the growth Tyler is showing in learning to focus and take responsibility for his actions at home as well as in class. - Leah
Family Karate You'll Love Learning Here! 410 West Felicita Avenue, Suite K, Escondido CA 92025 (760) 746-0983
TINY TIGERS (3 & 4 years)
Monday 3:15 pm
Wednesday 3:15 pm
Saturday 11:00 am
LITTLE DRAGONS (4 & 5 years)
Monday 3:15 pm
Thursday 3:15 pm
Saturday 11:00 pm
Our little guy just needs to be reminded about your Number One Club to do what we ask him now. Amazing! - Abel & Jen
Brayden is working very hard at school and not getting discouraged. He is very nurturing with his baby sister and helps his little brother to learn. - Lindsay
TEENS & ADULTS (14 & up)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 6:30 am
Tuesday & Thursday 7:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 & 8:00 am
Many adults and teens join our program for the protection skills, and then discover all the health and fitness benefits change their lives just as much.
Others join for a fun way to get into shape with a supportive team, and soon discover they love learning safety skills.We want all our teens to go away to college safe, secure, and strong.
Earning your Black Belt can be a huge factor in earning college admission. Our young Black Belts go to the nation's top Universities every year!
For more information and a free Krav Maga class for you and a friend, please visit our Krav Maga site.
Top Ten Reasons to have your kids at Family Karate*
*according to thousands of parents!
We have dozens of classes each week focused on specific ages, programs and skill levels. We specialize in teaching Karate classes for kids, self protection for teens, and Krav Maga for adults. Below are some of our choices for our most popular beginner classes. Please contact us for the classes that would be best for your family. Thank you.
I've been involved in teaching children, and training our Instructors to guide children, for 40 years. I've seen Family Karate make a huge difference for thousands of kids - literally life-impacting differences. Our Karate Kids go on to study at Ivy League schools, protect our country, become business leaders, and most importantly become great Moms and Dads. (We know about the great Moms and Dads part because we are now teaching the children - and even grand-children - of our Karate Kids!) Here are the Top 10 benefits our students' parents and teachers say they gain learning with us:
10. Coordination and motor skills. Kids who work on improving strength, balance, and coordination do better in games and sports at a young age. This creates real confidence, and reduces the likelihood of ridicule and bullying.
9. Fitness. Everyone needs fitness, but very few of our kids get enough exercise. Training in martial arts is fun, natural, purposeful movement which builds muscle and burns fat. Purposeful movement is motivating! Karate kids have more energy for school and for life.
8. Social Skills. Our classes include constant interaction between kids of all ages, and with Instructors. Learning to support others kids, sharing ideas, and having fun together builds social skills and expands their circles of friends.
7. Self Defense. We all want our kids to have fun and not be afraid of others. We also want our kids to be safe. Basic self protection skills are important, and kids need to gain competence in these skills. We can't expect kids to stand up to unhealthy peer pressure if they are afraid of confrontations. (When I began teaching martial arts, I was sure this would be the number one reason parents choose us. I was wrong: there are many others ahead of this one.)
6. Resilience. Kids love to do well, and win. They also need to realize that not everything comes easily. They need to learn to work hard, and to get past set-backs, and get over disappointment in order to accomplish things. Martial arts has built-in challenges that helps with each of these life skills.
5. Self Confidence, Martial arts is amazingly successful at teaching kids learn to act confidently, walk with a strong posture, speak fluently, make eye contact, be strong socially, and make good decisions.
4. Focus. From day one at Family Karate students learn to block out distractions and concentrate. They learn to focus their bodies, focus their eyes, and focus their minds - very important in school, at home, and in life.
3. Respect. The protocol of every Family Karate class is to have respect for yourself, respect towards other kids, respect for adults, and respect for learning. Our Karate Kids learn how to interact courteously and confidently.
2. Courtesy. We insist on treating everyone with respect, kindness, and dignity. Following the Golden Rule is taught in every Family Karate lesson. We guide our students through the shining examples of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Mother Theresa, William Wilberforce, Wilma Rudolph, Mahatma Gandhi, Helen Keller, Nelson Mandela, Albert Einstein, and many others.
1. Come and find out what #1 is for your child! If you believe the qualities above are important, we'd love to be on your team. Please visit our Parents Say page to see how other Moms and Dads feel about their children's lessons here. Please call, email, or just grab our Groupon here.
Thank you - Steve Truscott
You'll love learning here